Harrison left a comment on this blog when I talked about selling online again. He said that he also wants to sell things and perhaps try eBay, but one thing that’s stopping him is that he doesn’t know what to sell. Well, here are 5 suggestions/ideas to get you started:
1) Look at your hobbies and interests. If you like doing something, chances are, you’ll be an expert on the type of products to buy. And, if you know what and how to buy these things, then you’ll be the best salesperson for those products too.
Many businesses begin this way. Scrapbookers who end up with too many products decide to sell (or make) their own. Pet owners who’re looking for the best products for their beloved animals end up knowing how and where to source these items.
2) Look around your home. Are there things that you still need? Maybe you can part with some items and sell them online? Check your garage, your attic, your basement… See what’s been in storage. Are they still in good condition? Then maybe someone else might want them.
3) Make your own products. Write an ebook. Put together a workshop. Design a product. Create an item. Then, sell, sell, sell!
4) Check your contacts’ interests, homes, and products. Maybe you have a partner, friend or relative who can point you towards the right direction. Do they make things that are salable but they’re only interested in making, not selling? Maybe you can sell for them!
5) Be on top of trends. If a movie or book is coming out that’s meant to be really popular, source related products and sell them. Are there big events coming up such as the Olympics, the World Cup, etc? Try to get products that are related to those events and be one of the first to offer them for sale. Or, come up something unique and not easy to obtain.
Hopefully, with these suggestions/ideas, you’ll be on your way to makingÂ money online through selling.